Anwar – Teacher
I was a high school grade 9 student when the Children of Yirgaalem project started in 2004. I took that moment as my luck time; our relationship increased from time to time and helped me to be a strong student. I scored good results on my university entrance exam. The project bought me a Novateck Lap Top Computer and 5000birr which I used for 3 consecutive years until I finished my university study. Your support was amazing….just amazing…again, no words can describe your kindest support. The most descriptive words that come to mind are: Love, connection, thanks and gratitude!
What I have achieved:
- I could build best communication skills with any person.
- I could build confidence because of you I could teach children in abroad and worked as assistant purchasing manager in Yemen Plastic Manufacturing Company.
- English, Amharic, Sidamic, Arabic. Qualified main teacher with expansive experience teaching primary and high school students. Experienced English /Amharic /sidamic language translator with excellent communication and interpersonal skills over a decade of experience on the impact of HIV/AIDS, Substance of abuse and reproductive health in the community.
- Worked as English /Amharic/Sidamic language translator for about 6 month for the students who came from Denmark for her second /master’s degree university report on the impact of Fistula disease on the patient in Yirgalem hospital.
- Worked as legal guardian and residents tutor for some former street children in Yirgalem town. I am energetic honest and hardworking person who has proven talents and work experience on serving the society.
- Bachelor of education degree in major Geography with minor economics from Addis Ababa University. Currently I am working. Hawassa city administration trade and industry office in Support and formation and follow up of micro and small enterprises work department as coordinator. Translator, March 2014-present Connecting adopted children with the birth families. I have been connecting adopted children with their birth family since last year.